Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Dream of Aliens and Interstates that End in the Sea



My family and I were celebration an unknown event when my brother-in-law informs me that I must decide to follow Christianity soon because that is how humans are going to divide themselves when the great alien war begins. Obviously, I do not believe him. Just then a huge monkey flies into our living room window. With a mournful look it its eye, the crazed beast mutters something about “aliens” and another word that I am unable to understand. Then, everything unravels.

Strange un-human humans rove in and out of my home. The end has come. I know that I must vacate so I pack my trusty sack, which exists in real life, with all the resources that I may need and that I can carry on my back. I fill it with food and then withdraw all of my money from the bank. The aliens are on to me and I must dodge, crawl, and duck to evade them. Attempting to flee, I am faced with an interstate that dumps into the ocean. I run the parameter of land just to discover that I am on a large floating island. There is no escape. My post-apocalyptic journey begins.

1 comment: